Thursday, October 23, 2014

In case you missed Consecration Sunday...


Stories from Home graphic - church
Our Consecration Sunday, October 19, made for a truly wonderful morning. We concluded our theme of Stories from Home: How First Church Became My Church with a celebration that included the testimonies from eloquent witnesses, and the in-gathering of our commitments.

Many pledges were received. More than half of those renewing their commitment increased their anticipated giving from 2014. If you have not already done so, please consider making your own 2015 commitment of giving.

I am confident that you will find the spirit of our stewardship season and Consecration Sunday contagious. Please, take some time with the statements of four church members about How First Church Became My Church. These are some helpful, and even moving, declarations of what has made First Church a unique, spiritual place in the hearts of its members:
I encourage you as well, to give your attention to the sermon delivered on Sunday by our special guest steward, Pastor Debby Harness of St. John's Evangelical United Church of Christ in Mehlville, who previously was a member of our church.

After listening, please take some time to reflect for yourself on how First Church came to be your church. Then, I encourage you to consider what your own gifts to the church might be for 2015 and complete our online pledge form.

Thank you.
Pastor Dave Denoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE BEAR THESE DIRECTIONS IN MIND WHEN COMMENTING:

I will express myself with civility, courtesy, and respect for everyone, especially toward those with whom I disagree, even if I feel disrespected by them. (Romans 12:17-21)

I will express my disagreements with others' ideas without insulting, mocking, or slandering them personally. (Matthew 5:22)

I will not exaggerate others' beliefs nor make unfounded prejudicial assumptions based on labels, categories, or stereotypes. I will always extend the benefit of the doubt. (Ephesians 4:29)

I will hold others accountable by reporting comments that violate these principles, based not on what ideas are expressed but on how they're expressed. (2 Thessalonians 3:13-15)

I understand that comments reported as abusive are reviewed by First Church staff and are subject to removal. Repeat offenders will be blocked from making further comments. (Proverbs 18:7)

[Many thanks to sojo.net for creating the template for these warnings.]